Thursday, August 14, 2008

Funk Ambigram

For those who may not know, an ambigram is a graphical representation of a word that is exactly the same when viewed right-side-up and up-side-down.
I found this one spelling Funk, one of my favorite words. defines ambigrams as such:

"An ambigram, also sometimes known as an inversion, is a graphical figure that spells out a word not only in its form as presented, but also in another direction or orientation. The text can also consist of a few words, and the the text spelled out in the other direction or orientation is often the same, but can also be a different text. Douglas R. Hofstadter describes an ambigram as a "calligraphic design that manages to squeeze two different readings into the selfsame set of curves."..."

Check out NastyBasty's Flickr Photostream for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment